Friends, I'm happy to introduce a game-changer: Tostada nachos. Using tostada shells is faster, easier, and more efficient than using tortilla chips. No more Tetrising of the chips to fully line a pan. No more losing valuable toppings through the cracks of tortilla chips. No more wrangling 18 chips in order to get enough toppings!
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Lay out six or seven tostada shells.
3. Go crazy with toppings! (For Josh's birthday here, I used black beans, pickled jalepenos, red onions, frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe's, banana peppers, green onions, and cheddar and pepperjack cheeses. Some of those toppings came straight off of the Whole Food's salad bar. Look at that belly--this pregnant lady limited her time standing and chopping.)
4. Do another layer of chips & toppings.
5. Bake at 350 until the cheese is melty--usually about 15 minutes.
6. Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, radishes, cilantro...
|Don't worry--this is before the second cheese layer. I'm not that cruel.|
Now tell me: What's your favorite nacho topping or nacho hack?